Friday, November 20, 2015

"No Challenge To Copyright Or Ownership..."

Hey Everyone,

I just want to take a minute to say thanks to the people who have the data mining and GIS (Geographic Information System) expertise to make some of the maps you see here.  I pull them from a myriad of sources, but I don't make money on this blog, and I certainly don't intend any copyright infringement.  Here's a few of the places I have snagged maps from:

  • Tropical Tidbits (Levi Cowan)
  • pivotalweather.com
  • NOAA/NWS
  • College Of DuPage
There have been many others the last couple of years, and I am grateful to those that put them out there.  They tell the weather story far better than I.  And with a straight job and rugrat to raise (even though she's not so little now), I don't have the time to devote to learning how to ingest and build the maps.

Let me be clear here: I make no pretense as to having created the weather maps you see on the blog postings.  With only a couple of exceptions, the four sites above are the ones I am using lately for various reasons.  Those maps were created by and belong to the people or entity that created the pages I find them on.  And lastly, "No challenge to copyright or ownership is expressed or implied." Ever.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment