Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Snow Update

Man Oh Man...what a day.  Broken down van.  Issues with the (not so) little one, man oh man.  Now I'm trying to unwind some and have a look at some fresh weather data.  A lot of questions, let's get in there and try to unravel some of this mystery.

BIG SNOWS LOOK DOUBTFUL:  If you notice I said doubtful, not impossible.  The forecast data I have seen implies that we'll see 5-6" of snow on the high side of things for tomorrow and Wednesday.  The computers are currently keeping the surface low far enough south of us that we aren't in the sweet spot for the truly heavy snow.  I don't expect that to change a whole lot between now and tomorrow afternoon.  My take is this:
Less than 3" if you're north of I-96; 2-4" between I-96 and US-12; 4-5" from US-12 south to the state line, I can't totally rule out a six or two on the map in that area, but the chances are pretty low.

COLD WEATHER RETURNS:  In addition to the snow, we'll drop the temperatures as well.  Average temperature in the area is about 33.  Good luck with getting any closer to that than 25 for the rest of the week.  Nighttime lows will drop into single digits tonight and then again from Wednesday thru the end of the week.

ANOTHER SHOT OF SNOW FOR THE WEEKEND:  We don't get rid of the snow we pick up Tuesday into Wednesday, and then we tack on another inch or two Saturday evening.

I'll have a fresh forecast for you in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment