Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring On The Way Finally?

Hello!

I have been away due to car issues and other things occupying my time.  I'm trying to get the decks clear so that I can be available as much as possible when the crazy Spring weather gets here.  Speaking of that, we are only a couple of days away from the Vernal Equinox, when Spring is here.  You wouldn't exactly know it by the temperatures though.  Let's have a look and see what's going on!

A NICE DAY THEN SOME UNSETTLED WEATHER:  We'll stay pretty dry and clear for the better part of the day tomorrow, with temperatures climbing into the low to mid 40's.  Clouds will begin to filter in, then a low comes this way from out of Iowa, bringing us what I think will be a mixed bag of precipitation.  It starts off as showers alright, but then it looks to translate into a mixed precipitation mode on Wednesday.

The computer models are printing highs well above freezing, which would normally suggest rain, but I'm not so sure that's how it all plays out.  On the back side of the front that moves through on Wednesday, I weouldn't be the least bit shocked to see some snow, and some accumulating snow at that.  If you believe the GFS computer model, we stay above freezing during the day for the next several days, with average temperature this time of year in Jackson right around 47 degrees.  Not so sure I buy into that.  I think we see a bit of snow or mix, and stick closer to 40 than the models say.

PRECIPITATION:  Here's what I see.  There's a chance of showers and such Wednesday evening, this may change over to mixed precip as it works it way out on Thursday.  Friday afternoon and evening we get another shot of precipitation, I'm still more inclined to go with a mix as opposed to all rain or snow.  It's that time of the year when you really have to look at the entire column of air to see what you're going to get on the ground.

Sunday, I expect us to pick up another shot of precipitation, this would be snow.  I don't see much accumulation, but you never know.  Long story short, I don't think we're done with snow, or with the accumulating snow.  I can say that I don't see us getting nailed with several inches of new snow as we did a week ago.  Let's have a look at the WPC forecast map:


As you can see, we do pick up some precipitation.  The bullseye between now and the end of the week is just over a half inch - the good news is I think more of that falls as liquid or mix than all snow.

Here's the forecast for Jackson and surrounding areas:

Tonight, clear and cold, low 18.  Wind SE 4-8 MPH.

Tuesday, mostly sunny, warmer, high 42.  Wind SE 5-9 MPH.

Tuesday night, clouds developing, these will bring us a mix of rain and snow, low 37.  Wind SE turning SW 7-14 MPH.

Wednesday, cloudy, rain or some snow showers depending on location, high 44.  Wind SW 7-14 MPH.

Thursday, AM clouds give way to some sunshine, cooler, high 40.

Friday, sunny to start, afternoon clouds yield some showers or mixed precipitation, high 46.

Saturday, mainly cloudy with some light snow, high 41.

There's a look at your forecast, I hope to have an updated one for you tomorrow.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment