Monday, December 16, 2013

No Clouds, Slower Snow...

Good Morning.

Dangit!  I busted on the forecast for this morning.  I was thinking cloudy skies, and we have bright blue skies and very cold this morning for the wake-up.  OK.  Fair enough.  I need to re-examine what the models were saying and why I didn't pick up on the fact that we wouldn't have much regarding clouds this morning.  That in turn would have caused me to lower the temperature prediction.  No clouds = no blanket to keep daytime heating close to the surface.  Moving on...

HEY CLIPPER - I SEE YOU:  The disturbance that will bring us our next snow maker, likely this evening/tonight, is parked up in the northern half of Minnesota right now.  Forecast model data is suggesting that it will be a bit slower than previously thought, so the snow should come through well after you've gotten home for the evening.  The track and amounts still look OK though, about an inch in most areas give or take, perhaps a touch more in the snow box.

I'll have more detail later on today, but here's the forecast right now for Jackson and surrounding areas including Michigan Center and Spring Arbor:



I hope you have a great day.  A lot of schools in the area, especially those that serve rural populations, have called 2 hour delay or snow day today, check the previous post for the list, then check local media for any updates I may have missed.  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment