Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday Afternoon Update...

Hello Again!

Just an update of the forecast from this morning for you.  The Storm Prediction Center has redrawn the "slight" risk area for severe weather, and left us out of it this time around.  Here's that map for you...
SPC Day 1 Forecast UPDATED
Additionally, I do need to clarify that in the morning forecast, I said that some areas may briefly get near 80.  I didn't proofread my prose as I usually do, my apologies.  That should have said that some areas may briefly get near 75.  I'm standing by my forecast high of 74 today in Jackson, though the warmest temperature in the area right now is Battle Creek, currently checking in at 70 on the surface observations...
Grand Rapids NEXRAD with observations overlaid on it
As you can see, still plenty of rain on the radar this afternoon, and it will linger right through the evening hours and into early tomorrow.  Just look at this cloud-filled satellite image; gloomy as can be for the rest of the day and well into tonight:
Visible Satellite Image
We'll keep you posted on any flooding issues that may arise from all the rain, but for now, enjoy this good soaker, we haven't had one like this for quite awhile, and we surely need every drop of it!  Have a great rest of your afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment